Grand Island East Channel Lighthouse
The Grand Island East Channel Light is a lighthouse located just north of Munising, Michigan and was intended to lead boats from Lake Superior through the channel east of Grand Island into the Munising Harbor. Constructed of wood, the light first opened for service in 1868. The light was very hard to see from Lake Superior, and light maintenance was very difficult so the Munising Range Lights were constructed and this light was removed from service in 1908 or 1913.
This lighthouse is one of the most photographed lighthouses on the Great Lakes.
© Denise Woldring
Copyright for this gallery photo belongs solely to Denise Woldring. Images may not be copied, downloaded, or used in any way without the express, written permission of the photographer.